As cadets complete certain tasks and missions they are given awards such as ribbons. They are worn on their uniform and each ribbon has its own meaning. Also their insignia is given to show missions that have been completed more than once.
1. Meritorious Achievement- Awarded to NJROTC cadets that have high meritorious achievement.
2. Distinguished Unit- This is awarded to all the cadets that are member of the NJROTC unit that have earned the title of Distinguished Unit during the school year.
3. Distinguished Cadet- This ribbon is given out yearly to one cadet that has the highest scholastic and aptitude in NJROTC activities such as academics, physical fitness, and drill.
4. Honor Cadet- Awarded yearly to one cadet that has the highest academic achievement.
5. Cadet Achievement- Awarded to cadets that display outstanding achievement and performance.
6. Unit Achievement- This is awarded to all cadets whose NJROTC unit have earned unit achievement.
7. Aptitude- Awarded to the top 10% of cadets based on the evaluation of their aptitude.
8. NS IV Outstanding Cadet- Awarded yearly to outstanding cadets that are in Naval Science 4 based on their citizenship, academic performance, and their conduct.
9. NS III Outstanding Cadet- Awarded to outstanding cadets that are in Naval Science 3. This is based on their citizenship, academic performance, and their conduct.
10. NS II Outstanding Cadet- Awarded yearly to the outstanding cadets that are in Naval Science 2 and is based on their conduct, academic performance, and their citizenship.
11. NS I Outstanding Cadet- This is awarded yearly to the outstanding cadets that are in Naval Science 1 and is based upon the cadets behavior, citizenship, and academic performance.
12. Exemplary Conduct- Awarded to cadets who display the perfect example of great behavior all throughout the year.
13. Academic Award- There are two types of the Academic Award that you can get. The first one is for the cadets who are on the honor roll and with the ribbon they also get a gold lamp. The second one is for the cadets that perform in at least 3 academic competitions and they get the ribbon with a silver lamp.
14. Exemplary Personal Appearance- Awarded to the cadets that wear their uniform on every occasion that it is required and did very well on their uniform inspections.
15. Physical Fitness- Awarded to cadets that pass their PT test's both times and that meet the requirements set by the Cadet Field Manual.
16. Participation- Awarded to cadets that participate in at least 3 non-mandatory events.
17. Unit Service- Awarded to any cadet that displays exemplary service and dedication to the unit that they serve in.
18. Community Service- Awarded to cadets that complete at least 10 hours of community service.
19. Drill Team- Awarded to any cadet who is on the Drill Team and competes in the competitions and the functions that the Drill Team does.
20. Color Guard- Awarded to any cadet that is a member of the Color Guard and participates in the Color Guard competitions and functions.
21. Riffle Team- Awarded to any cadet that is a member of the Riffle Team and that participates in the Riffle Team events.
22. Orienteering- Awarded to any cadet that meets the orienteering standards and participates in orienteering events.
23. Recruiting- Awarded to any cadet that successfully recruits two students to become cadets in the NJROTC program.
24. Mini-Boot Camp- Awarded to any cadet who successfully completes a mini-boot camp such as BLT.
25. Sea Cruise- Awarded to any cadet that has completed an at sea cruise.